Thursday 19 April 2012

Pronunciation



Pronunciation is really, really important - there's no point in speaking with beautiful grammar and perfect vocabulary if people can't understand what you say!  You don't have to sound like a native speaker - there's nothing wrong with having a Chinese or a Spanish accent! - but you do have to have good enough pronunciation so that other people can understand the words you are saying.

YouTube is a great place to go to help you work on your pronunciation.  I really like 'Jennifer ESL' - she has lots and lots of videos but you could start with this one: 


You can work on this at home, at your own speed, but make a note of anything you don’t understand and ask me in class, or send me a message through this blog and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can.

Does anyone else know of any good online resources to help learners with pronunciation?

No comments:

Post a Comment